Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12

Today I am thankful for my cat.  He is warm, fuzzy and pushes his face on my ear and purrs really loudly.  It is the warmest most delicious feeling ever.  He started out as my daughters cat but when she left for college he attached to me.  My daughter picked up out at the Fort Lewis pet shelter.  We went in and she asked the workers which cat was least likely to get adopted.  Not the cute little long haired babies, noooo they would get adopted in a minute.  They had the cuteness factor of 11.  The one that wouldn't most likely get adopted was a teenage orange and white cat that was sticking it's paw out of the cage as much as possible trying to claw anyone going near.  That is the one we took home.  He has a white spot on the middle of his orange back so he was "temporarily" named Spot.  But my daughter felt he needed a long pedigree name like our dog so the cats full  name is Tangerine's Snowy Spot.  Spot has in his older age turned into more of a dog than a cat.  He doesn't hunt mice anymore, now he begs for food at the table.  He is funny, grumpy and I am thankful for him.

No comments: