Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Introductions

I sat here for quite some time trying to think about what I should write about. I hate introductions. I hate that first meeting no matter who it is. The first appointment with a Dr., meeting a new neighbor, even the girl at the cash register. I always get a little nervous the first time. Ok, sometimes a lot like at the Dr's office. So I will just jump in here and start.

My name is Dawn and I have spent my entire adult life as an Armywife. Yes, there is more to me than that but the Army has a way of taking over most things. I have three children. My daughter is in college, and I have two sons. One is in high school and the other in middle school. My Army husband is on the verge of a deployment to Afghanistan. He is finishing his training this week and preparing for the big flight.

We currently live in Northern Virginia but have lived in lots of other places. Germany, Georgia, California, Louisiana, Washington state and my home state is Wisconsin. I am a midwestern girl at heart. I drink from a bubbler and a water fountain is a pretty thing to look at in the landscaping.

The title of my blog, comes from the movie The Princess Bride . It is my favorite movie of all times. I often feel like the eels are coming to get me, but I (at least so far) have escaped them.

What else about me??? Well, if anyone reads this you will figure out my brain tends to flit around often. From one thing to the next with no warning.

We have pets! We have a guinea pig named Pumba. We adopted him when one of my daughter's friends went to college. We have a turtle named Fred Frank Yoda (or something like that I never can keep it straight). We have a tank of fish that never seem to die. They have been around for 4 years and counting. The top of the pet ladder is Spot the orange and white cat. He is often found sitting on my lap while I am on the computer.

More later.......

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I am excited to be following your blog!