Monday, March 30, 2009

I am not a patient woman

I thought I had the patience of Job. I don't! Jim said he was going to come home for his mid-tour leave in either March or April. Now it is some time in April?? Maybe??? I don't know what to tell people because I don't know anything. In the past days I have gotten one email from him that said "No word yet...probably more like the middle of the month. Love, Jim" No kidding! That is it, I haven't edited it for public consumption that was it in it's entirety. His parents have purchased airline tickets so they can come and see him.

The worst thing is I have seen too many programs on TV where the military person shows up somewhere to surprise their spouse, children, mother, father etc. Somewhere in a very tiny place I hope he is on his way already and will just show up somewhere. That isn't the way he works but it is one of those irrational dreams.

So no, I am not patient. I wait impatiently, I worry endlessly and I dream.

No comments: